Beyond the Porch Swing

Hi Friends!  Welcome to Beyond the Porch Swing.
I picked that as my title because it’s where we go beyond the ordinary with the normal.  Where we get out of our comfort zone of swinging back and forth, being safe with Jesus, and let Him surprise us as we experience the safety of Him.  It’s changing the mind set of “if I only had____ I could do ____”,  and we learn to view what we have differently and use it in new ways.  It’s also where we stretch ourselves to act on our convictions even while saying;  “And You want me to do what Lord?!”

  God wants us to see and know Him.  Jeremiah 29:13 says; “ You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.”  “All our heart” is key here, not just what makes sense or feels doable.  It requires us to get off the swing, and step down from the porch.
   Let’s see what’s out there together!

Janet

Comments

  1. I love this idea of the porch swing. It gives me a picture of contentment and an invitation for others to join me.
    Evelyn Ediger

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to read the blogs to come! You have a lot of truth/insight in this beginning snip-it. Great blog:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts