Face to Face

People say we can’t know God or that the Bible doesn’t make sense. I disagree. The more I hunt for God the more places I see Him. It’s not like God’s standing before me face to face, but more like He’s just on the other side of a slightly see-through curtain. Studying His silhouette, I see how He moves. I learn His character. I know God wants to be known. The more I know Him, my excitement for the day He’ll tear down the separating curtain increases. I picture meeting Jesus like the joy in my grandson’s eyes (He’s now a one year old!) when he sees his Mommy in the morning.


I’m amazed how God reveals Himself and His plan. Glimpses of God’s salvation plan are everywhere! Clear from the start, from before the earth's creation, He gave us a picture of His “dealing with sin” plan. Incredible! Because of this we know our human bent towards sin didn’t surprise Him. Him creating humanity anyway blows me away! Why would He go to all that work? What are your thoughts?


“Then God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. And God saw that the light was good. Then he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day” and the darkness “night.” And evening passed and morning came, marking the first day.”

‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1:3-5‬ ‭NLT‬‬

https://www.bible.com/116/gen.1.3-5.nlt


“For God, who said, “Let there be light in the darkness,” has made this light shine in our hearts so we could know the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ. We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.”

‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭4:6-7‬ ‭NLT‬‬

https://www.bible.com/116/2co.4.6-7.nlt

Comments

  1. I LOVE the word picture! “but more like He’s just on the other side of a slightly see-through curtain. Studying His silhouette, I see how He moves“—the main thing is “ The more I hunt for God the more places I see Him.” Great reminder to make bunting God my daily focus!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. Sometimes I’m better at it then others, but He’s always consistent. He can’t love us any more or any less. We’re safe with Him!

      Delete
  2. Your illustration is excellent Janet! Your words went along well with a devotional I had read from "40 Days with Jesus" when the question is asked, "Do I live each day aware of Jesus presence or do I put Jesus in a compartment of my day returning to the compartment when I need something or feel it is now time to spend with him? Do I look for Him? God wants to participate in life with me, ME!! When I see him I will focus more on trusting him. Thanks for sharing your good words and keep it up Janet you are blessing the lives of others. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts